Ace Stream Media
The official client of the Ace Stream service (next generation P2P-client)
Ace Stream Media lets you stream videos and other content in peer-to-peer fashion.
Ace Stream Media is the official Ace Stream client for Android. Ace Stream Media lets you stream video on demand, music on demand, live broadcasts and other content. The app is freeware and not ad-supported. It lets you watch content directly on your Android phone or tablet. You can also cast that content to another device, and this app can work alongside Ace Stream on PC.
This platform makes use of the peer-to-peer protocol. Abbreviated P2P, this protocol uses many peers to distribute content across the group. As a user, you’ll be among those peers and thus sharing content as well as downloading it from others. Ace Stream Media supports almost all torrent trackers, and you can access these various trackers directly. However, the app also uses content IDs that are meant to abstract the more technical aspect of P2P. There are various online communities that display content IDs, and you can just plug those in and enjoy without doing much else.
What separates Ace Stream Media from other torrent clients is that content is played as soon as that content begins to download. If you’re downloading a movie, for instance, you don’t have to wait for it to finish. Watch as it downloads, and by default, the program isn’t even interested in saving a copy. Therefore, you don’t even need a lot of storage space unless you intend to keep the file.
Although Ace Stream Media gives you access to movies and music on demand, it is perhaps at its best when providing access to live content. For instance, in the U.S., there are entire communities dedicated to streaming football games on Sunday. Simply get the content ID for the game you want to watch, plug that ID into the app and watch your team compete. There are streams not just for sports but for live television programs and much more.
If you choose to publish content, you have some options. Business mode lets you provide content to subscribers only. Public mode lets you provide content to all. There are also group, confidential, family circle and private modes that let you dictate who has access and when.
Ace Stream also has a great community online. There are guides and other resources as well as forums. The forums are a great way to get help but also find out more about where the various subcommunities are outside of the Ace Stream website. These places are where you’ll find the content IDs.
The torrent landscape is not controlled. Ace Stream may provide you access to content that is illegal or at least exists in a gray area. There’s no way to filter content just to what is legal, and what is and what is not illegal for you personally will depend on the jurisdiction in which you use the program.
- Stream videos and more
- Supports live content
- Uses P2P protocol
- solved problem with running on Android 6 when SD card is used as default storage
- automatic SD card detection while selecting cache location
- ability to report a problem
- improved application navigation with remote control
- downloaded torrent-files can be opened by clicking on them in the notification area
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.